Bidding on your business name refers to the practice of purchasing ads for keywords that are directly related to your company's name or brand. For example, if your business name is “ABC Consulting,” bidding on keywords like “ABC Consulting” or “ABC Consulting services” would be considered bidding on your business name.
This strategy can be effective for a number of reasons, including:
- Protection: By bidding on your business name, you can ensure that your brand appears at the top of search results when people search for your company specifically. This can help prevent competitors from poaching potential customers who are searching for your business.
- Increased visibility: Bidding on your business name can help increase your overall visibility in search results, as well as drive more traffic to your website.
- Control: By bidding on your business name, you have more control over the messaging and content that appears in your ads. This can help ensure that potential customers see the most relevant and compelling information about your business.
However, there are some potential drawbacks to bidding on your business name that you should be aware of. These include:
- Cost: Bidding on your business name can be expensive, especially if you have a common or highly competitive name. You'll need to be prepared to pay more per click than you would for less competitive keywords.
- Cannibalization: Bidding on your business name can sometimes result in cannibalization of your own organic traffic. If your ads are showing up at the top of search results, some people may click on them instead of clicking on your organic search result. This can result in a decrease in organic traffic over time.
- Unnecessary: If you already have a strong organic search presence for your business name, bidding on it may not be necessary. In this case, you may be better off focusing your advertising budget on other keywords that will drive new customers to your website.
Ultimately, whether or not you should bid on your business name will depend on a number of factors, including your budget, the competitiveness of your name, and your overall advertising goals. If you're considering bidding on your business name, it's important to carefully weigh the potential benefits and drawbacks before making a decision.
Don't let the overwhelming process of setting up your Google or Facebook/Instagram ads hold you back from reaching your target audience.
Let JR Digital take the weight off your shoulders and set up a customised strategic advertising campaign for you.
Say goodbye to the technical set-up, strategic planning, funnel development, copywriting, and graphic design headaches and say hello to increased brand awareness, higher conversion rates, and better ROI. Contact us now to get started!